Overseed, Inc Terms of Service (“Agreement”)
This Agreement was last modified on February 28, 2014.
Please read these Terms of Service completely using overseed.org which is owned and operated by Overseed, Inc. This Agreement documents the legally binding terms and conditions attached to the use of the Site at overseed.org.
By using or accessing the Site in any way, viewing or browsing the Site, or adding your own content to the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service.
We want conversation but often without a few simple ground rules, that conversation can turn into a shouting match that discourages others from entering into the fray.
So here is our comments policy. By posting on the overseed blog, you agree to the following:
- You may comment without registering. You can log-in via — or not at all. It’s up to you.
- You may post anonymously. We don’t recommend this, but you may do so if you wish. We may change this rule if it is abused.
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others are likely thinking similarly. Therefore, we would rather receive your comments on the overseed blog than via email. It is a better use of time to address everyone at once rather than answer several similar emails.
- You may disagree with us. We welcome debate. However, we ask that if you disagree with us—or anyone else, for that matter—do so in a way that is respectful. In our opinion, there is way too much shouting in the public square to tolerate it here.
- We reserve the right to delete your comments. This is our blog. We don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog not mine.
Specifically, we will delete your comments if you post something that is, in our sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. We do not own them and we expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on this site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve us from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant us a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant us the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, our goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. We believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this.
The Site and all of its original content are the sole property of overseed.org and are, as such, fully protected by the appropriate international copyright and other intellectual property rights laws.
Overseed, Inc reserves the right to terminate your access to the Site, without any advance notice.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site does contain a number of links to other websites and online resources that are not owned or controlled by Overseed, Inc.
This Agreement is governed in accordance with the laws of Massachusetts, United States.
Changes to This Agreement
Overseed, Inc reserves the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time. We do so by posting and drawing attention to the updated terms on the Site. Your decision to continue to visit and make use of the Site after such changes have been made constitutes your formal acceptance of the new Terms of Service.
Therefore, we ask that you check and review this Agreement for such changes on an occasional basis. Should you not agree to any provision of this Agreement or any changes we make to this Agreement, we ask and advise that you do not use or continue to access the Overseed, Inc site immediately.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.